January 17, 2013

{DIY} Kitchen String Art

Another DIY to check off the huge (and ever growing)  list!  This project was so much fun!  It was incredibly easy and took only about 45 minutes. I got the original idea from the amazing blog A Beautiful Mess, with some other fun inspiration found here and here.

 Supplies

  • Slice of wood (I got mine at Joann Fabrics)
  • Template
  • Black pain
  • Scissors
  • Paint brush
  • Small nails
  • String

Cut out your template and trace onto your slice of wood.
Paint around your outline.  It may look a little wonky but it adds character! 
Start adding your nails.  Evenly space them all the way around.
 
The fun part!  Add your string,  I just tied a knot around one of the nails and went to town wrapping! 
I wanted to hang mine with twine so I just hot glued a piece on the back and hung it on the side of a cabinet!

Easy peasy!  Follow along on Pinterest to see all of my DIY projects!

Linking up here & here.
& here : )


No comments:

Post a Comment