January 11, 2013

{DIY} Glitter Cap Toe Flats

I have an enormous list of DIY projects on Pinterest that I have been dying to do and the top of the list we these glitter flats! I got most my inspiration and instruction from here.

Supplies:



Tape off the toes of both shoes. Make sure that you press out all the air bubbles in the tape. Also squish the tape in the groove between the shoes and the sole so you have no stray glitter.
Slather on a thick but relatively even coat of Mod Podge. Only do one shoe at a time, this stuff dries fast!
Sprinkle glitter all over painted surface. Be generous!
Once you have both shoes covered in glitter let the Mod Podge dry for about 30 minutes.  Add another layer of Mod Podge on top of the glitter. It will go on white but will dry clear so no worries if your glitter looks covered up!  Let dry completely and then pull off the tape gently.

So easy and so cute!

Linking up here & here.







5 comments:

  1. Stop it!! I LOVE THIS!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Hey! That's Pintastic link up.

    My niece LOVES sparkles, I am telling her about this idea right now!!

    Have a Good Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. Easy to find a cheap pair of flats and dress them up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So freaking cute!! Love these! Mod Podge is amazing!!

    New follower from the YOLO blog hop!!

    xo,
    Ange

    www.hairsprayandhighheels.net

    ReplyDelete