October 17, 2013

Literary Junkies

I cant believe October is almost over!  But the good news is that its time for Literary Junkies!  I love dedication an entire post to reading and the books I have been loving! Joining the link up with Taylor and Lesley. 
Pink Heels Pink Truck

This month's link-up questions:
1) What are you currently reading? Tell us a bit about it!

2) What are your five most recent book purchases?
3) Have you ever named/nicknamed anything (person, pet or thing) after a character? Who and why?

4) If you could live in one book, all of its characters and in the town, which would it be?

5) Can you think of a book you read that taught you something concrete that you've never forgotten? Tell us about it.



My answers: 

1) What are you currently reading? Tell us a bit about it!
I just finished Pivot Point by Kasie West but I wanted to include it here because it was SO SO good!  Addison Coleman is a Searcher, which means that when she is faced with a challenge she can look into the future and see both paths and both outcomes. What she didn't see coming was her parents divorce.  Now, she must search into the future to see which parent to live with and what is at stake when she chooses.  

I am also about half way through This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales.  This book has rave reviews from most of my friends on Goodreads but I am finding it a bit boring.  Gasp. Its a very easy read and a short book so I have no doubt that I will finish it but I am hoping that I can find that one thing that will draw me in. 


2) What are your five most recent book purchases?


All of these books were thrifted, except Savages, that one I bought on eBay.  I rarely buy my books new unless I am absolutely in love with it. 

3) Have you ever named/nicknamed anything (person, pet or thing) after a character? Who and why?

No, I haven't.  I always tell Sky though, that if we ever get a cat we have to name him Mango from one of my favorite books A Mango Shaped Space by Wendy Mass. 

4) If you could live in one book, all of its characters and in the town, which would it be?
Harry Potter!  That was an easy answer.  

5) Can you think of a book you read that taught you something concrete that you've never forgotten? Tell us about it.


I just finished The Last Survivors series by Susan Beth Pfeffer and while the series was mediocre it did teach me that I should be prepared for the unexpected. And to maybe hoard canned good ; )




No comments:

Post a Comment