December 20, 2012

A Homemade Christmas

In this house, we are huge advocates of homemade and Christmas time is the best time to create!  I have been a busy elf the past couple of days making gifts and wrapping!

I am super excited that we get to, not only, go home to Indiana to see family, we get to travel to Ohio to see even more family!  Family that Sky has never even met before!  Yay!  When my aunt was putting up my great grandma's tree some of her ornaments were so old they were falling apart, so she requested that all of the grandchildren make her new ornaments for her tree.  A little paper, lots of ribbon and some stickers, all picked up from the scrapbook section at Michael's and these amazing ornaments were born! They may be one of my favorites this season!


I think I might have seen these serving trays painted with chalkboard paint floating around on Pinterest recently but I have had these on the mind for awhile!  I picked up these trays at a yard sale over the summer and painted them with two coats of chalkboard paint I had stowed away.  They turned out exactly how I envisioned!


I am seriously stocked on ribbon. I have already gone through about 4 rolls that missed the picture. Sigh. Christmas ribbon is my favorite. Speaking of my favorite, this nutella hot chocolate. Make it!


If you are still buying your taco seasoning in those little packets, I HIGHLY recommend that you stop that. Make this seasoning.  Its way healthier, you know exactly what is in it, and you can make it in large quantities. I forgo on the red pepper flakes because of evil heartburn, but if heat is your things, go for it.  Here is the recipe!


 A couple days ago, Jessica Garvin from Little Baby Garvin opened her Etsy shop up for half off prints and donated all earnings toward The Sandy Hook Elementary Relief Fund. There was no way I could pass up the opportunity to give to a much needed cause. If you are interested in donating please follow the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment