July 27, 2013
July 22, 2013
1. Tell us a little bit about you.I'm Charlotte. I'm 28. I'm Frenglish, although I've always lived in France. Which is going to change this autumn because I'm moving to ENGLAND! Which is pretty exciting. I'm a translator (From English to French) and a reader for Hachette Jeunesse, specializing in YA books. I'm a former performer (actress/singer/musician/etc), in love with photography, graphic design and cooking. I love goat cheese. I have an awesome and very talented boyfriend (we just celebrated our two years together!).
2. Tell us a little bit about your blog.
I've had a book blog for years but, last year, I decided it was time for a change. I didn't want to blog about books anymore (books are part of my job, so it got a little too much!). So was born! I blog about my adventures and musings, share recipes and lovely finds from the web, and basically have a lot of fun writing and blogging and connecting with people (as the infamous advert says). Caramel
3. What does your average day look like?
Since I work from home, it can vary. But, this summer, it goes like this: I wake up at around, workout for an hour or so, shower, have breakfast, and then I get to work, translating the book I'm currently working on. Lunch break at , and work again until about . That's when I take the time to go on Bloglovin' to check out my favourite blogs! I then cook ourselves a nice little meal, and we go for a walk afterwards. In the evening I either write and schedule my blog posts (thus my blog name), or we watch a movie, or play music, or I read a book for work before going to sleep.
4. If you could travel in a time machine, what place and what period would you visit?
I think I'd go back 230 million years ago to see some dinosaurs, and maybe snap a few pics. I'd love to see how the world looked like at the time. And I'd try to avoid T-Rexes.
5. What's your biggest dream?
Living a full and happy life. No regrets.
6. What countries have you visited/would you like to visit?
I've visited Spain, Switzerland, England (many times), Canada (twice) and the US (NY mainly). I can't wait to move to England, since it's always been my favourite country to visit... And I'd love to visit Norway, Finland, Iceland and Denmark (I have a thing for cold places).
Complete the following sentences:
7. For me, blogging is a fun way to meet people, boost my creativity and feel free thanks to writing.
8. Love is all you need.
9. Reading is my job AND hobby. Which I think is pretty cool.
10. Cooking is my happy therapy!
Follow Charlotte on
July 19, 2013
Spectacular She is wanting to spoil two lucky fans with prizes totaling about $400!
Thanks to the Host and all of the Co-hosts who helped! Click on their beautiful faces to check out their blogs and see what other goodies you might find.
here. Please welcome our Co-Hosts and their marvelous suggestions as seen below. You can see a list of current prizes by visiting here. This giveaway will run from 7/19 to 8/2 and is open to the United States and Canada. Please enter on the Rafflecopter below. All entries will be verified and anyone with false entries will be disqualified. Good luck to all!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
July 18, 2013
Christmas in July
New Pom Pom Garland
Lots of lovin for the boy!
And then right after, he thought it was play time when I tried to snuggle. Typical.
Trying out new restaurants! Loved that this place had a long beer list and water was served in big mason jars!
Linking up here!
July 15, 2013
i recently had the opportunity to work with a great company, Datevitation. I LOVE giving "just because" presents, they are the most special! Datevitation is the perfect gift, a personalized date coupon booklet.
- Datevitation.com is the web's first online platform to create a custom love coupon book. Unlike the pre-packaged love coupon books on the market, you pick the dates and can customize the text to your liking. Once you are done customizing the text in your book, Datevitation will print it out and ship it to you.
- Our library contains over 350 date ideas ranging from skydiving to stargazing to steamy adult-only activities. We also have over 100 book cover options to suit any occasion.
- In addition to being the perfect romantic gift for your sweetie, Datevitation just launched its "boy" and "girl" characters with over 200 new activity illustrations specifically for kids and parents.
- Books normally start at just $20 so it makes for a thoughtful yet economical gift. But as a special treat for my followers, you can use the code ‘KHONEYBEE10’ for $10 off your purchase for the whole month of July. That means you can get your loved one a one-of-a-kind gift for any occasion starting at just $10!
- Datevitation is a family business run by the husband-wife team of Alex and Olga Karpman. You can get to know them on the Datevitation blog, where they offer video guides to date ideas and romantic gestures. You can even watch Alex propose to Olga in a video they posted on Youtube as a Save The Date, and now has over 1,000,000 views (you can view the video here)!
I had so much fun making this special booklet for Sky. There was just so many options to choose from and they had ones that really fit his personality. Even if they didn't have what you were looking for, there is a place for you to send in your requests!
There is still an enormous giveaway happening hosted by Datevitation to win His & Her Kindles or $200! Make sure you enter!
You can find Dateviation here.
July 13, 2013
Hello everybody! I hope all of you are having a great weekend!
One of my favorite things to do is to read. I have always been a huge reader, choosing to delve into the worlds in my books instead of staying in my own. Somewhere along the way, I lost the love I had of reading. I'm not sure what happened, maybe my life got too busy or I forgot what a joy it is to crack the spine on a new book and smell its rich pages. I've recently rediscovered this love and its grip on my heart is as strong as ever.
I wanted to start sharing books that I have enjoyed with some of you. Also, some books that are on my too read list! Maybe some of you will discover your new favorite book!
Books I Loved
Books to Read
What books have you been reading this summer? I LOVE finding new books and would love to hear your favorites!
The best way to keep track of all too read books as well as books you have already read I use Goodreads. I highly recommend it!! You can follow along with my evergrowing book list here.
July 11, 2013
Super yummy lunch at Nicks Steak and Taphouse in Gastonia. Best peanut butter pie!
This pretty much sums up how Sky feels about my constant picture taking. HA! Too bad.
More grilling//Skip Bo and Starbucks
Walking my favorite boy//Words to remember
Linking up with The Brotherton's
July 6, 2013
While I spend my day waist deep in homework you get to enter to win some amazing Kindles or $200! Lucky duck. While I do not have a Kindle, I do have a Nook which is ,essentially just another version of e-reader, and I LOVE it!!
July 5, 2013
Happy day after the 4th!! I hope all of you had a great Independence Day!
We spent ours bbq-ing, playing beer pong, scooter and of course, shooting fireworks! I took an insane amount of pictures but am so glad I did, I caught some hilarious moments!! I'll let you decide which ones were sober ; )
If you havnt already noticed, Google Friend Connect if gone! Here are some other ways to follow along!
Also, make sure you check back tomorrow for a BIG giveaway!!